Two Sundays ago, I delivered a message on the last days. You can check out the message below the text here.
During the message, I mentioned a number of signs predicted in the Bible to mark the end of time. Most of these signs can be seen as coming to pass or nearly coming to pass in our world today, and that's one of the things that leads me to believe we are at the end of time and living in the last generation.
Below are all the signs I could think of, along with scriptures references, so you can take time to check it out yourself.
END TIMES SIGNS
1. False Bible teachers would be money
hungry. (2 Peter 2:1-3).
2. Earthquakes would be in diverse places (Matthew 24:7).
4. Stress would be part of living (2 Timothy 3:1).
5. Many wars would erupt (Matthew 24:6).
6. Increasing wickedness. (Matthew 24:12).
7. There would be a cold religious system, in denying God's power (2
8. Men would substitute fantasy in place of Christian truth (2
9. Deadly diseases would be prevalent (Matthew 24:7).
10. The Spirit of God will be poured out on all people. (Acts 2:17).
11. The institution of marriage would be forsaken by many (1
12. There would be an increase in famines (Matthew 24:7)
13. The gospel would be preached to all people groups (Matthew 24:14).
14. There would be a cry for peace (1 Thessalonians 5:3).
15. The possession of Jerusalem would be at the center of international
turmoil (Zechariah 12:3).
16. Knowledge would increase (Daniel 12:4).
17. There would be hypocrites within the Church (Matthew
18. There would be an increase of religious cults/false teachers (Matthew
24:11 & 24).
19. The future would seem fearful to many (Luke 21:26).
20. Humanity would become materialistic (2 Timothy 3:4).
21. There would be many involved in travel (Daniel 12:4).
22. The Christian Gospel would be preached to
all nations (Matthew 24:14).
23. Jesus said Christians would be hated "for His name's
sake" (Matthew 24:9).
24: Cosmic signs in the heavens (Luke 21:25-26).
25: Youth would become rebellious. (2 Timothy 3:2).
26: Men would mock the warning signs of the end of the age (2 Peter 3:4).
Labels: eschatology, last days, last things, New Testament